You won’t be able to resist these oven-roasted sweet potatoes served with a Thai peanut butter sauce, creamy and spicy.
For sweet potatoes:
- 3 – 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
For the thai peanut sauce:
- 120 g peanut butter
- 120 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 – 2 tsp. 1 tsp sriracha or other hot sauce
- Water, to thin the sauce
For granish :
- 100 g red cabbage, finely chopped
- 75 g toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Fresh coriander
- 1 small chili, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
Caution: the scale button does not work for values in parenthesis.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
FOR SWEET POTATOES:
- In the bottom of a salad bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic and paprika. Add the sweet potato wedges and mix well until well coated with the seasoning. Salt.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sweet potatoes are ready when they are golden and crisp on the surface and soft on the inside.
FOR THE THAI PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients, then add the water gradually, continuing to whisk, until the desired texture is obtained, creamy but not too thick nor too liquid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready, transfer them to a serving dish or directly to the plate, then cover with finely chopped red cabbage, fresh coriander, cashews and chopped chili. Serve immediately with Thai peanut butter sauce.