Discover the recipe for Tunisian Shakshuka: a typical dish made with spicy tomato sauce, poached eggs and feta.
Enjoy this delicious healthy recipe
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp. 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 800 g canned tomatoes with their juice, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 140 g feta, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs
Caution: the scale button does not work for values in parenthesis.
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan. Add the onion and red pepper cut into strips. Cook over low-medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes with their juice. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the feta.
- Gently crack the eggs in the pan over the tomatoes. Salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with hot sauce and country bread for sauce.