Broccoli : Low-calorie Mediterranean cabbage, exceptionally rich in vitamins (C, A, B9). It prevents certain cancers (beneficial against breast cancer).
Broccoli is a fine vegetable. Only drawback: its strong smell. So put in the cooking water, a quarter of a “baguette” of bread, wrapped in muslin, the smell will be absorbed.Print
Enjoy this delicious healthy recipe 🙂
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 tbsp butter butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan soup
- 1 tsp strong mustard (or a few drops of hot pepper sauce)
- salt pepper
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Gradually add the milk while whisking. Cook, stirring continuously, for 15 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and mix until melted. Add the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Steam the broccoli for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender and slightly crunchy. Do not overcook the broccoli to prevent it from becoming too soft.
- Put the broccoli in a dish. Cover with cheese sauce or put the sauce aside for dip. Serve immediately.
Serve this cheese sauce with other vegetables. For a more pronounced flavor, use strong Cheddar.
- Calories: 168
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg