In this article we will talk about : Cellulite causes, symptoms and treatment.
The aesthetic cellulite (also called orange peel or dimpling) is an accumulation of fat under the skin. It indicates an aesthetic problem and is therefore not considered a pathology
It is important also not to confuse this term with infectious cellulitis which corresponds to a serious infection located under the skin and requiring emergency treatment in the hospital.
Cosmetic cellulite is made up of fatty cells (adipocytes) which are enlarged and modify the surface of the skin ( orange peel ). In fact, it manifests itself mainly in women: hormonal surges causes probably this natural phenomenon.
Cosmetic cellulite is common and is not painful (except in certain cases of morbid obesity). It poses no danger to health.
In women, cellulite is usually found on the hips, buttocks, thighs, the inside of the knees and the belly.
But in men, it is most often localized in the abdomen.
In women, hormonal changes and estrogen surges seem to play a major role in the onset of cellulite.
It often develops during key moments in female life:
- rules ;
- pregnancy ;
Cellulite preferably appears:
- in women;
- if hereditary factors exist;
- during or following a more or less significant weight gain (it can however appear in thin women and not touch plump women);
- with age and the loss of suppleness and elasticity of the skin;
- if the sporting or physical activity is not regular;
- unbalanced diet.
The signs associated with cosmetic cellulite are most often:
- grainy-looking skin on the buttocks, hips, thighs and / or stomach;
- an impression of heaviness in the cellulite areas;
- pressure sensitivity of the affected parts.
Cellulite prevention councils
To prevent the formation of aesthetic cellulite or at least conceal that already present, it is useful to:
- favor a healthy and balanced diet;
- practice regular physical activity;
- avoid the consumption of alcohol, tobacco and stimulants;
- to drink a lot of water;
- finish the shower or bath with a jet of cold water on the legs;
- avoid or limit certain drugs (corticosteroids, etc.).
During the consultation with the doctor, he assesses the extent of the invasion and the stage of development of cellulite to determine which methods are best suited to each case.
The treatment of cosmetic cellulite can be, for example:
- massage and lymph drainage;
- laser or infrared intervention (however, the results are variable);
- regular physical activity and a balanced diet.
Five lypolysis techniques with an invasive character, among which the transcutaneous laser without aspiration or the injections of mesotherapeutic mixtures, were considered dangerous and prohibited.
People with very significant cellulite may consider liposuction, but it is performed under general anesthesia therefore, may involve a risk (it is necessary to assess the benefit-risk ratio).
It is important also, to give priority to treatments for aggravating factors of cellulite (blood circulation problems, etc.).
As well as that, Homeopathy, herbal medicine, aromatherapy and naturopathy can be helpful in relieving certain symptoms of cellulite.
In order to fight against cellulite and pending a consultation with the doctor, it is possible to take 10 drops of the mixture, Badiaga 9 CH, Pulsatilla 9 CH, Bovista 9 CH, 2 times a day in a little water.
In case of cellulite, it may be useful, in addition to that an adapted treatment to use phytotherapy:
- in herbal tea: 40 g of meadowsweet (flowering tops), 20 g of licorice (roots), 40 g red vine (leaves), 40 g birch (leaves), 40 g fennel (roots), 30 g corn (stigmas) then, put 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a liter of cold water. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. finally, Turn off the heat and let steep for 10 minutes. Filter. Drink in 24 hours.
- massage the areas affected by cellulite with a massage oil: add 6 ml of Italian helichrysum essential oil, 4 ml of essential oil of pistachio moss, 10 ml of wintergreen essential oil, 10 ml of oil essential of evergreen cypress in 100 ml of arnica vegetable oil. “This mixture acts on the hormonal, circulatory and inflammatory levels”, underlines Danièle Festy, pharmacist and author of My 15 essential oils (Leduc.S edition). Massage three times a day with a few drops; stop 10 days, then massage 10 days a month.
- orally, take 2 drops of spearmint essential oil on a neutral tablet twice a day, between main meals.
- then, in the bath, mix, in a little bath base, 2 drops of essential oil of evergreen cypress, 2 drops of rosemary essential oil in cineol, 2 drops of Virginia cedar essential oil, 2 drops sage.
In cellulite, it can be useful to follow naturopathic advice on a daily basis.
As long as that, the diet should be high in protein and low in fat to avoid making the situation worse.
For this reason, it is advisable to:
- reduce the consumption of salt and sugar;
- then, drink lots of water between meals;
- massage the cellulite areas every day;
- practice a sporting activity (swimming, aquagym…).
Read also: Ascites: causes, symptoms and treatment